Agile Analyst Developer
New York, NY
Analyst Developers are core members of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. They are also responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of their agile team. The team members rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles.
Based in our New York office, this role is a member of the regional Asset Management Technology delivery team. The candidate will develop global and regional platforms in conjunction with local business stakeholders as well as the global technology capability teams, covering investment, distribution and product. The ideal candidate will have development experience in a wide variety of applications, including web, database, and reporting platforms. In addition, thecandidate must have experience simultaneously supporting BAU and feature development for multiple products.
- Responsible for leading the complete development lifecycle through analysis, development and testing.
- Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the'working system' definitionof done within agreed sprint
- Accountable for ensuring committed development team deliverables are met
- Responsible for contributing to agile planning, including sizing and parsing Epics and Features into Stories.
- Responsible for collaboration with business stakeholders and agile analysts to effectively deliver features and user stories into working software that is fit for purpose
- Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
- Responsible for writing unit tests, build and deployment scripts to support Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery platforms
- Committed to increasing their skills and experience.
- Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Client Agile ceremonies
- Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews
- Supporting other team members to improve their software development skills
- Experienced C# / .Net developer
- Experience with front end development, e.G. Angular and/or React
- Experience with Azure Cloud based platform
- Demonstrable interest in good software design principles and patterns, such as Dependency Injection, SOLID, and designing code for readability, scalability, and maintainability
- Experience T-SQL development (SQL Server) and data migration/transformation services
- Understanding and experience applying Agile principles
- Knowledge and experience of development tools, frameworks and programming languages, specifically required for delivery
- Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
- Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Experience in the finance industry, e.G. Investment Management
- Good DevOps experience including continuous integration and automated deployment; good scripting skills are a bonus. We use Team Foundation Server for backlog management and build services, Git for source code management, Octopus for deployment automation, and Confluence for technical documentation; experience with any of the above is a plus
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- Able to prioritize work and limit work in progress in order to achieve optimal flow; must be able to manage stakeholder expectations and commitments
- Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self-improvement
- Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
- Comfortable balancing and prioritizing multiple business stakeholder requirements
- The ability to apply the principles of analytical and logical thinking to define problems, interpret data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions