New York, NY
- Actively responsible for all aspects of the Accounting function as it pertains to the US business. Areas of focus will be Accounts Receivable/Debtor management; Accounts Payable; cash flow; bank reconciliation.
- Accounts Receivable
- Supervise and develop 2 US-based Credit Controllers;
- Perform regular ongoing review of all existing and new accounts for credit-worthiness and recommend appropriate credit terms, to include seasonal credit reviews on all debtor accounts in line with forward order expectation;
- Manage debtor aging to minimize aged/bad debt and assist Credit Controllers in chasing debt if needed;
- Liaise with Sales and Logistics to research and resolve debit notes;
- Build and reconcile returns reserve;
- Assist UK-based Management Accountant in monthly debit note and bad debt reserves;
- Forecast Receivable cash flow with input of Credit Controllers;
- Create and provide relevant Debtor analysis and reporting to VP and UK-based management. Set weekly/monthly targets for the Credit Controllers.
- Accounts Payable
- Oversee the payments of US invoices and the process/journalize in the general ledger;
- Forecast Payable cash flow and reconcile bank account;
- Reconcile and manage Petty Cash;
- Provide regular AP analysis and reporting to VP and UK-based team.
- General Accounting
- Develop process improvements across departments to improve workflows;
- Streamline AP and AR processes and support UK-based Finance Controller and Finance Manager as needed;
- Ensure compliance with IFRS, GAAP, and support of internal/external audit activities.
Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA designation optional
Experience: 5-7 years, particularly with experience in a Retail/Wholesale apparel or consumer goods company and with knowledge of US-based major department stores.
Adequate knowledge of Microsoft AX or comparable ERP/GL systems. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Personal Attributes: Detail-oriented, able to work in fast-paced environments, can manage shifting priorities and ambiguous situations.