New York, NY
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organizations financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
Global Corporate Controllers and Planning (GCCP) is the global center of expertise and leadership for accounting, compensation, policy, reporting, financial risk and control. The Global Disclosure Standard and Control team (GDSC) forms a significant component of the GARC team, and is responsible for the preparation of a number of significant disclosures under US GAAP, IFRS and UK GAAP published in Brokerage's 10K/10Q, regulatory filings to Client and Financial Services Authority and local statutory accounts.
The key areas of disclosure include: fair value measurement, derivatives, consolidation of special purposes entity, collateral and certain financial instrument risk disclosures.
- Fair Value and Variable Interest Entities and Securitization activities disclosures
- MS Group financial statements as well as the financial statements of 7 significant MS subsidiaries
- Preparation of sections of the consolidated FR Y-9C regulatory reports
- Qualified accountant with 4+ years of extensive reporting and general financial controller experience;
- Practical experience of application of GAAP within a financial services environment;
- Evidence of working closely with other Finance functions and an ability to develop good working relationships both locally and in other locations;
- Proven ability to initiate and enhance the control framework for Finance functions;
- Excellent organizational skills to achieve deliverables and objectives efficiently and maintain a high standard of client service;
- Proven leadership ability in resolving issues and implementing initiatives;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment;
- Ability to transform processes in order to drive efficiency and effectiveness;
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills are required;
- Microsoft Access skills are plus
- Proficiency in areas of US GAAP disclosure rules and objectives is a plus and public accounting experience is preferred;
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance is preferable