Sr. Software Development Engineer, Back-End
As a member of a cross-functional team of product managers, software architects and designers, you will combine your software development and analytical skills to build web & mobile apps that solve real world problems leveraging best of breed digital technologies. This role will also work closely with client's engineering, design, operations, marketing and service delivery teams to challenge the boundaries of what's possible.
This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a Fortune 50 company. Our digital focus is geared towards releasing the insights inherent client's best-in-class products and services. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth for our customers.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of related experience
- Hands-on development experience with one or more of the following... C, C++, Java, Swift, Node.Js and other API related technologies
- Hands-on experience working with a database technologies such as SQL Server, MySQL, Redis, PostGres, MongoDB
- Hands-on experience with web services related standards such as HTTP, REST, SOAP, and OAuth
- Hands-on experience working with one or more Perl, Python, Go
- Experience in Agile development, GitHub, OpenStack, AWS, Docker and DevOps development practices
- Ability to lead architecture discussions and influence key decision makers around design, scaling, performance and sizing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to well work in cross functional teams
- Work experience in programming, data science, machine learning is a plus
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn
- Results-oriented with strong communication and customer focus
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems