Sr. Software Development Engineer, Back-End
As a member of a cross-functional team of product managers, software architects and designers, you will combine your software development and analytical skills to build web & mobile apps that solve real world problems leveraging best of breed digital technologies. This role will also work closely with client' s engineering, design, operations, marketing and service delivery teams to challenge the boundaries of what' s possible.
This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a Fortune 50 company. Our digital focus is geared towards releasing the insights inherent client' s best-in-class products and services. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth for our customers.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of related experience
- Hands-on development experience with one or more of the following... C, C++, Java, Swift, Node.Js and other API related technologies
- Hands-on experience working with a database technologies such as SQL Server, MySQL, Redis, PostGres, MongoDB
- Hands-on experience with web services related standards such as HTTP, REST, SOAP, and OAuth
- Hands-on experience working with one or more Perl, Python, Go
- Experience in Agile development, GitHub, OpenStack, AWS, Docker and DevOps development practices
- Ability to lead architecture discussions and influence key decision makers around design, scaling, performance and sizing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to well work in cross functional teams
- Work experience in programming, data science, machine learning is a plus
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn
- Results-oriented with strong communication and customer focus
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems