Sr QA Automation Engineer
Ann Arbor, MI
The primary responsibility of this position will be to ensure adequate testing of development code prior to release to production. The Senior QA Engineer will work with the QA Lead and QA Architect, and mentor other QA Engineers.
The focus of the Senior QA Engineer will be to build technical expertise in our applications. The ability to build technical relationships with Application Development staff is a strong requirement for this position.
The Senior QA engineer should focus on automation and process efficiency and work products produced (test plans, test cases, etc) must be of the quality that they can be used as examples for QA Engineers.
- Lead the creation of test plans including technical and business requirements
- Identify risks and prepare mitigation plans
- Assist QA and Release Leads in preparing implementation timelines
- Develop test data strategy
- Assist QA Leads in determining appropriate test environments
- Create test cases according to standards manual and automated
- Perform problem solving and root cause analysis when defects occur
- Update Quality Center according to standard
- Engage application development in defect resolution
- Participate on continuous improvement efforts within the QA organization
- Research and evaluate new testing technologies and tools
Experience required includes:
- 5+ years professional experience in QA Automation of both Web and Mobile Applications
- 5+ years experience with Web Automation using Selenium and Mobile App Automation using Appium.
- Ability to work closely with a cross functional Agile team on a daily basis