Specialized Consultant Mid Level
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Manage a diverse portfolio of securities based, unsecured and other secured loans for Tailored Lending Borrowers (High Net Worth and Ultra High Net Worth Individuals).
- Timely transition loans from Underwriting to Portfolio Management with a thorough review of the credit including, but not limited to, ensuring that: (i) loan documentation accurately represent the terms of the credit approval memorandum and permits Brokerage to enforce its rights on the collateral in a default situation; (ii) Internal Credit Ratings are current and accurately reflected in the reporting systems; and (iii) financial covenant and financial reporting trackers are accurate.
- Promptly respond to daily Margin Calls.
- Continuously monitor the ongoing financial condition and performance of the Borrowers inclusive of financial covenant compliance, financial reporting compliance, and monitoring the value/condition of loan collateral. Identify early warning signals in deteriorating credits. Make timely recommendations regarding changes in credit classification and risk rating. Develop/ implement remedial action plans.
- In conjunction with the Senior Lending Transactor and/or Financial Advisor, maintain frequent communication with the Borrower. Keep current on major developments and changes in financial condition and identification of potential additional financing needs. Credit Professional is required to keep the Senior Lending Transactor informed of relationship status and action plans on an ongoing basis.
- Escalate material individual relationship or portfolio observations promptly including past due reporting, and negative trends.
- Responsible for ASC 310 analysis and recommendation of provision to the ALLL for the portfolio.
- Provide input on due diligence on new credit requests, modifications, renewals and increases for existing clients including credit analysis, financial statement analysis, client meetings / calls.
- Complete within designated due dates Annual Reviews, Renewals, Amendments and the underwriting of new extensions of credit to portfolio clients. Manage all loan requests within stated turn times unless justified as an exception. Manage expectations through active communication with FA and/or Sales Coverage.
- Produce high quality credit memoranda clearly outlining transaction, purpose, strengths, risks and mitigants.
- Utilize credit authority (if delegated) in an appropriate manner in accordance with credit policies and procedures and protecting the interests of the firm. Articulate recommendation in a clear, concise and informed manner. Demonstrate acceptable level of preparation and knowledge
- Work with internal and external legal counsel in preparation of amendments, waivers, and loan documents.
- Ensure accurate and timely update of pipeline reports and turn-time tracker. Participate in ongoing pipeline meetings. Facilitate meeting budgeted loan volume goals through efficient and timely processing of loan requests.
- Responsible for the integrity of Borrower's loan data in credit systems and work in collaboration with Loan Operations.
- Participate in projects related to collateral expansion, policy and procedure changes, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 3-6 years of lending and credit analysis in private bank or commercial bank preferred.
- Formal credit training a plus.
- Detail oriented, with exceptional analytical skills.
- Significant accounting and finance knowledge.
- Well organized and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple deliverables.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess strong customer service, problem identification and solution techniques.
- Maintain poise and presence coupled with exceptional interpersonal skills to manage relationships with sophisticated high net worth clients and their advisors.
- Ability to manage Business Unit, Financial Advisors and client expectations.