Specialized Consultant Junior
New York, NY
Brokerage' s Digital Strategy Group manages the overall strategy, content and user experience for the Firm' s external digital marketing and communications. The team provides guidance, consultation, and hands-on services in support of both business and technology divisions with an emphasis on catalyzing digital innovation and transformation across the Firm.
The Editor will join a core team responsible for shaping the coverage, creation, and flow of Firm thought leadership, business stories, employee profiles, and other content, all within the larger context and narrative of Brokerage' s brand and core values. This individual will work with the digital team, which manages the flagship Brokerage.Com website, partnering with Corporate Communications, Marketing, and core business areas to generate features, infographics, video, and other mixed-media content. The Editor will:
• Manage relationships with business partners and workflow from inception to publication
• Focus on shaping original content into essential storylines geared for a broad audience of site visitors
• Create cross-channel synergies through an integrated approach to content creation and curation
• Coordinate with other team members on day-to-day editorial and production deadlines and deliverables, as well as long-term strategies
The ideal candidate will have significant experience working in a newsroom-style organization, with an instinct for storytelling that balances the key priorities of diverse business stakeholders with the need to attract a broader audience of sophisticated readers interested in financial-industry stories, all within the context of how that audience interacts with digital content today on multiple devices and platforms in an always-on and interconnected world.
• 5+ years managing and/or editing public Website for a large corporation with multiple stakeholders and a broad audience.
• Expertise in style, writing, reporting, editing, and working with a network of multimedia content originators for Web, Social, Mobile and other digital channels.
• Expertise in the dynamics of online content creation, management, and curation to drive brand reputation, new business, and to support existing clients.
• Expertise with CMS.
• Experience with SEO and using analytics to drive content-creation and management.
• Financial services knowledge is a plus.