New York, NY
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organizations financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings.
FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review. The Branch CFO team prepares, delivers, and assists in the interpretation of the various profitability reports for all levels of Field Management. The team serves as the primary point of contact in Finance for the branch management network, ranging from individual office managers to senior home office leaders, providing transparency into profitability and growth through analysis and reporting.
- Proactively address areas of focus and produce persuasive, data informed arguments to support senior management in making intelligent decisions
- Understand variety of data sources available, their limitations and advantages, and work with business and technology partners to improve them
- Combine a curiosity for understanding underlying causes with advanced data visualization tools to produce clear and concise ad hoc analysis
- Work across Wealth Management Business and Finance teams to develop, analyze, and execute on both revenue and expense budgets
- Maintain internal reporting tools through regular monthly processes and implementing improvements to ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting
- Manage branch hierarchy, collaborating with HR department, Operations, and business management department
- 3 to 5 years of experience in financial services
- Microsoft Office skills with experience creating financial models and working with large data sets
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with various areas of corporate structure including senior management levels
- Strong analytical aptitude - Self-starter with an ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge of proprietary software systems
- Ability to solve problems independently, with detailed research and analysis, and present results