New York, NY
The Application Developer is a member of a SCRUM team with the primary responsibility of designing and developing applications which are on time, on budget, and meet business & quality requirements. This role works closely with business and technology partners to convert business requirements into working software solutions that meet business needs. The Application Developer works effectively in an agile environment as a member of a defined SCRUM team. The Application Developer can play multiple roles as part of a SCRUM team to help ensure commitments in sprints are accomplished.
Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent combination of education and business experience required in Health Care/Business Administration, Software Quality Assurance, Computer Science or related field.
5+ years in Software Development 2+ years leading development efforts Experience working on a SCRUM team
Proven experience in successfully applying best practices/concepts Proven experience in reviewing & writing design documents & specifications Understanding of multiple Software Development Lifecycle approaches (Agile, Waterfall, etc) Technologies: Database: Proficient in 2 or more DBMS (MS-SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle),
Preferred skills: some Informatica, Database Tuning and/or some Web Experience Web: Proficient in 2 or more (.NET, C#, Java/WebSphere, Cold Fusion, Android/iOS)
• Demonstrated ability to accomplish development tasks with moderate to high complexity
• Demonstrated ability to lead development efforts with low to moderate complexity
• Preferred: Good understanding of standard development / SDLC processes, Preferred: Experience in Agile/Scrum
• Exhibits excellent logical thinking abilities, troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Highly Self-motivated and directed with the ability and dedication to meeting aggressive deadlines while ensuring quality delivery, Preferred: Understanding of Project Management concepts
• Good understanding of testing methodologies
• Excellent interpersonal skills (e.G., partnering, conflict management, mentoring), with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable working in team environment as well as independently, and possess sense of accountability in completing assignments
• Understanding of health care business/deliver process preferred, Facets, CareRadius and Macess experience a plus