Senior Systems Engineer
New York, NY
- Day-to-day IT operational support for the existing infrastructure environment.
- Design, development and implement new IT infrastructure technology projects.
- Proactively monitor the network and computing platforms for performance issues.
- Create the required design and support documentation for projects, systems builds, processes and changes.
- Engage external vendors and suppliers in discussion on applicable service offerings.
- Maintain a senior level knowledge of the enterprise infrastructure.
- Maintain current and relevant technology knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player in a fast paced environment
- Ability to keep calm during a period of crisis and to provide the leadership and direction required to resolve the issue
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and works well with minimum supervision and should have:
- Ability to fluently interact with business leaders and end users
- Willingness and ability to work non-standard hours in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to wear multiple hats must be able to combine hands-on technical expertise with longer term strategic planning and management
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
She/he will have strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills and have expertise and familiarity with the following processes and technologies:
- Design, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of enterprise Virtualization software VMware (ESX, ESXi/vSphere, vCenter, vMotion, DRS)
- Enterprise Storage Arrays (Dell PowerVault & Compellent, EMC VNX, Pure Storage)
- Enterprise and remote site backup solutions technologies such as EMC Networker (EMC Data Domain highly preferred)
- Hyper-Convergence Technologies (VMWare VSAN)
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, 2012, RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS
- Office 365 and Azure Cloud Technologies
- Windows Server Roles DNS, DHCP, NPS, File Share, Client, IIS, Failover Cluster Manager and Active Directory
- Microsoft SQL
- Cisco routing & switching, VPNs, BGP
- Configuration and Patch Management technologies
- Advanced system monitoring and alert systems
- Designing, implementing, and testing disaster recovery solutions.
- PowerShell scripting
Education, Experience & Certifications
- 7-10 years of Systems/Infrastructure Engineering experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Highly desired certifications include: VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), or enterprise hardware certifications