Senior Support Analyst PS Fin L2
New York, NY
Client is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach. Client provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in over 30 countries. Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, London, and New York, Client employs over 27, 000 staff worldwide. Client's unique understanding of Asia enables the company to make a difference for clients through three business divisions: retail, asset management, and wholesale (global markets and investment banking).
Department: Corporate Technology Services
Function: Financial Services
Corporate Title: Associate
Functional Title: Senior Support Analyst
Experience: 8 10 years
Qualification: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
Reporting into the Production Services Financial Services (US) lead in New York, this support role covers the day-to-day support of financial leger systems using finance services & operations technology platforms, working in collaboration with global stakeholders and regional teams. Will suit a self starter who is looking for a career in production support and takes pride in making difference to support the business critical processes and role includes
- Demonstrates understanding of the fundamentals of programming concepts, interpreting technical specifications and development standards
- Utilizes knowledge of service level delivery to offer superior service.
- Understands effects of IT Architecture on performance.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Financial Services Industry concepts and is able to apply them internally.
- Responsible for the proper functioning of existing applications and infrastructure.
- Identifying problems, crafting and aiding in implementing the solutions, and providing continuing support
- Perform Impact analysis of the reported issues or risks and try to find root causes and solve the issue by going through the business and systems workflow.
- IT Delivery/Control/Process/Stability
- KPI statistics relating to individual / teams capacity, performance and CSI
- Professional Ethics Compliance and Risk Management
- Industrialising the different processes
- Maintaining Knowledge Management
Responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with support escalations from Level 1 team, including complex user and monitoring support queries, with as minimal as possible escalations to L3 teams
- Work as senior support analyst to provide hands on support to financial systems and its interfaces
- To provide user query support and monitoring support queries, with as minimal as possible escalations to development teams
- Planning and execution of proactive non-ticket tasks (such as automation or tool implementations)
- To provide batch support, health checks at the start of day/end of day using global support model
- To create, update, amend relevant production support documentation
- To use firm standard support tools and processes
- To provide weekend support related activities in partnership with other team members
- To deploy code/configuration change/releases into the pre & production environments
- The duties of Senior Support Analysts can be broken into four distinct categories: prevention; correction; adaptation; and perfection.
- Prevention relies on ensuring that hardware changes or additional modules do not interrupt an application's function.
- Correction is the continual monitoring and fixing of issues that arise, including bug fixes.
- Adaptation is the modification of applications to comply with new standards and new systems
- perfection is the improvement of application/infrastructure to enhance performance or reliability
- To work as strong team player
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Hands on knowledge of ETL/Informatica
- Hands on knowledge of Database Oracle
- Unix/Linux skills including Shell/Perl scripting
- Knowledge of scheduling tools Autosys & cron
- Hands on support knowledge of Ledger system or PeopleSoft will be a plus
- Work Experience in Business Objects will be plus
- Experience of functional/technical support / investment banking environment desirable
- Experience of monitoring software and maintaining\improving rule bases
- Working within ITIL standards and structured, formal environments - ITIL qualifications Beneficial
- Hands-on experience of using tools such as Remedy or Service Now - Desirable
- Excellent analytical and communication skills including ability to provide clear and concise status to senior management / summarise key messages
- Ability to prioritise, sense of Urgency
- Problem solving mindset and solution-enabler - Ability to identify problems, make decisions and drive solutions
- Pragmatic, able to adapt to various situations and applications, ready to work under pressure
- Ability to inspire co-operation and co-ordinate activities across teams
- Willingness to accurately document and share information with global peer group