Senior Developer Java
New York, NY
End Date 30-Apr-2018
- Solutions Design - break down implementation into pieces, the time it should take to develop those pieces, and ensure that the pieces will integrate.
- Responsible for consistency in delivery - Ensures consistent naming conventions, code styling and best practices are used throughout a project.
- Spend their time unblocking others, mentoring new hires, upskilling their team members
- Employ Agile development including task estimation, test automation, deployment automation and Continuous Integration to improve overall execution speed and product quality
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality.
- Generally, a solid technical all round person with vast experience in most areas of the product
- Extensive hands-on development and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and technologies
- Experience with industry-standard IDE, version control and development tools.
- Experience on scaling and performance optimization of distributed systems.
- Triaging and solving problems in distributed systems in integrated release and production environments including functionality, performance and scaling bottlenecks.
- Passion for software engineering and craftsman-like coding prowess
- Have helped lead development on large, in-house-built applications
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Knowledge of software best practices, like TDD and continuous integration
- Experience of working in a forward thinking, OSS-centric environment
- Understands External Dependencies
- Supports Junior Developers
Olympus Specific Technical Skills
- Experience in building micro-services with RESTful APIs using JAX-RS and Messaging using JMS.
- Knowledge of SQL as well as noSQL databases (such as Mongo DB)
- Experience in unit and integration testing utilizing JUnit, Mockito, JAssert and Spring Test
- Experience writing service using Spring Boot.
- Java 1.8 Collections, Streams, Lambdas.