Senior Data Analyst
Jersey City, NJ
- Identifying trends and patterns within technology incident data and understanding the behaviors that cause incidents.
- Understanding the layers of incident defects and what process, behavior, and design changes technology should incorporate in their thinking.
- Lead Problem Management root cause analyses with technical subject matter experts. Diagnosing causes of incidents, determining the resolution, and ensuring that the resolution is implemented
- Prevent problems and eliminate recurring incidents to minimize the impact of incidents
- Responsible for the prevention of recurring business impacting incidents by determining root cause and driving implementation of corrective actions by responsible teams
- Lead the Problem Management process, training and advising users on process, and mentoring first-level associates
- Overseeing process improvement efforts and reporting on the status of enhancements
- Using well tested methods, perform text mining to find meaningful data buried in unstructured text data or extract meaningful numeric indices from the text.
- Extract concepts from " large numbers of small documents
- 7-10 years related experience
- Prior experience in the administration of technology infrastructure and/or application development in a distributed environment
- Previous experience with system and data analytics
- Previous experience with statistical analysis of events
- Strong problem solving skills
- Data mining and data visualization; experience with Rapid Miner and/or Tableau preferred
- ITIL Foundation or Intermediate certification highly desired, but not required
- 4 year college degree