Senior Application Analyst - DSRIP
* Ambulatory Certification - Required - 3 Years
* ACO Registry - Nice to have - 2 Years
* Healthy Planet Certification - Highly desired - 2 Years
Experience with IP workflow development to support efforts to reduce readmissions. Requirements include Epic ClinDoc and/or ASAP certification and reporting experience. This contract is for onsite availability only.
Medical Center has redefined healthcare. Through our multidisciplinary approach, we are able to provide access to a wide variety of medical specialties for a full range of clinical services, ensuring seamless, coordinated care for our patients. This unique team approach infuses camaraderie among physicians, nurses and other specialty care providers. Our EMR platform, Epic, supports our collaborative, team-oriented environment, which has contributed to our becoming one of the nation' s premier healthcare systems. Medical Center employs 34, 000 including our IT department with 800 IT professionals, all focused on deploying technology, identifying process improvements, and using best IT practices to improve patient care.
Population Health has been part of the fabric at Medical Center since the 1990' s- long before Population Health was recognized as critical by our peer hospital systems. We are launching an initiative to create a new Population Health platform with Epic. We are seeking an Application Analyst for our Clinical medicine team.
The Senior Application Analyst will be involved in developing and configuring Epic clinical modules, and will work on clinical quality measures, care management workflows, Reporting Workbench reports, patient registries, and Radar dashboards. He/she will also need to collaborate with other teams, involved in various Epic modules, to ensure an accurate and complete implementation. In addition, he/she may perform additional IT-related assignments as required to meet implementation needs.
• Business Analysis – Analyze complex business problems and specify the functionality of solutions; Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing modules and procedures that meet user requirements; Determine, communicate, and escalate issues/risks
• Build – Define an overall build design and leverage Epic strategies to implement while seeking to improve efficiency; Through unit testing, maintain a level of quality up to departmental standards; engage with other Epic teams, that support other modules, to promote a complete solution; Lead design review sessions
• Client Management – Work directly with internal and external stakeholders to assess business needs, provide relevant solutions, and communicate information effectively; Manage expectations
• Quality Assurance – Determine testing methodology and create test plans for unit and integrated testing; Coordinate user acceptance testing; Execute functional, regression, load testing; etc.
• Data Analysis – Conduct data analysis and troubleshooting
• Documentation – Prepare detailed requirement specification documents, process flows, and other required documents; Create training materials in conjunction with Instructional Designers and/or participate in training
• Possess the ability to identify gaps in current workflows that impact the ability accurately collect, monitor, and report clinical quality measure data as well as analyzing and developing workflows to support the collection, monitoring, and reporting of future clinical quality measures.
• Familiarity with Epic' s terminology mapping framework for building and validating Clinical Quality Measures
• Epic Healthy Planet (preferred) or Ambulatory certification
• Minimum 2 years build experience in Epic EMR, including experience with Reporting Workbench
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Demonstrative understanding of technical documentation
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Highly professional written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of population health initiatives including clinical quality measures and/or care management
• Extensive knowledge on the interdependencies of reporting, analytics, database management, and working with external data sources
• Knowledge of NYSDOH DSRIP and related DSRIP initiatives a plus