New York, NY
Prepare, negotiate and execute ISDA Master Agreements (including the Credit Support Annex, tri-party control agreements, and other related documents, where applicable), SIFMA Master Repurchase Agreements (MRA), ICMA Global Master Repurchase Agreements (GMRA), SIFMA Master Securities Forward Agreements (MSFTA)(collectively, " Trading Agreements ) on behalf of Client Group entities. This requires a full appreciation of the linkage and coordination of this function globally.
Define, communicate and coordinate the issues arising from matters assigned to the lawyer with the relevant business group, other departments and other counsel.
Advise Credit Risk Management, business and risk units, and other stakeholders throughout the Firm on credit, business, and operations related provisions of Trading Agreements, security agreements, tri-party control agreements, and other associated documents.
Manage the negotiation process to ensure timely execution of agreements in a controlled environment.
Supervise or coordinate with personnel who are responsible for performing the legal diligence necessary for clients to enter into transactions and others responsible for the agreement post-execution process.
Maintain current awareness and understanding of industry trends and developments across these businesses as they relate to the lawyer's areas of responsibility.
Perform all other duties and projects as assigned by GC management.
- Excellent client service and internal coordination skills.
- Strong analytical, drafting, and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate closely with stakeholders from different disciplines, GC colleagues, and within a team.
- Knowledge of insolvency law and secured transactions law is desirable.
- Experience addressing legal issues involving sovereigns and public entities is a plus.
TO QUALIFY, YOU MUST POSSESS:
- 7+ years negotiating ISDA master agreements and other related documents; experience negotiating and advising regularly on credit and security agreements
- Undergraduate degree