Lead QA Automation Engineer
The Technology Group is responsible for the development of all Front and Middle Office software for our company and the Quality Assurance team works alongside Business and Development teams in the delivery of products to its users.
The position is for an experienced QA Analyst/Automation Engineer who will perform all QA activities across Middle Office products. The candidate should have strong system analysis skills, a proven background in test automation at mid to senior level and a solid background in manual testing.
Day-to-day tasks include requirements and specification analysis, test planning, test case execution, defect reporting as well as status reporting. The candidate will be required to develop manual test cases with a view to automating them and therefore the role would suit somebody who has experience of/ willing to get involved at all stages of the STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle) and not just test automation. Key responsibilities: Responsibilities of the role include:
- Building and maintaining automated test suites for trade entry, trade approval, verification of generated trade economics and post trade events for various Fixed Income and Derivative products (US Treasury Swaps, TIPS, US Repos, MBS, Emerging Market Bonds, International Bonds, FX Spots and Forwards, FX Options, CDS and IRS to name a few). Enhance existing library of Keyword Driven Framework and standalone automated scripts.
- Defining and executing automated and manual test packs across internal middle office applications.
- Replicating issues that are raised by our Support teams to understand customer issues and subsequent re-testing of releases which include fixes.
- Defect reporting and tracking through to resolution.
- Interfacing with development, support, infrastructure and business teams.
- Functional, regression, performance and failover testing.
- Project management (QA), Requirements mapping/test planning.
Skills/experience required: Required experience
- Minimum 5 years QA/Testing experience gained in a financial organisation, preferably a global firm.
- Proven automation and/or automation framework design experience.
- A strong understanding of all stages of the SDLC.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Defect reporting and tracking experience with tools such as JIRA or Client Quality Centre.
- Proven ability to lead projects, interact with development and business teams and take charge in meetings and discussions.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities.
- Test automation experience using both 3rd-party and internally developed tools and frameworks.
- Portfolio of Development or QA projects that can be demonstrated or described.
- Experienced in automating user interfaces using industry standard testing tools (Client QTP)
- Knowledge of Fixed Income products, Trading platforms, Trade Capture applications
- Confident in process improvement ideas for QA and Development teams.
Nice to have experience
- Experience of working in a global/offshore team/model.
- Willingness to work longer hours to meet deadlines when necessary.
- Understanding of Middle to Back Office operations.