Java / Scala Developer
New York, NY
The candidate will be involved in the design and development of the firm's next generation cross-asset risk and PnL calculation infrastructure, with a focus on interest rates products like bonds, futures, listed options, interest rate swaps, inflation products, and exotic options which requires HJM simulation for valuation.
The role requires someone who is self-motivated, quick-learning and comfortable working across numerous technologies, and who can take ownership of critical problems and work throughout the full project lifecycle from problem analysis to successful timely delivery of the solution.
A strong interest in learning about the business will contribute to the candidate's success in the team. The position provides opportunities for interaction with many front end business users, including traders, strategists, financial modelers, and controllers, as well as active engagement with other IT groups in the firm. Excellent communication skills are a big plus since direct interaction with traders and senior business decision makers is common. QUALIFICATIONS Required Skills
- Strong software engineering, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in medium to large scale Java or Scala multi-threaded applications
- Knowledge of fixed income derivatives would be very preferable - specifically experience with mathematical model integration
- Experience in financial risk calculation and management system
- Experience in distributed computing or cloud computing, Java/Scala performance turning