International Cash Trade Management
New York, NY
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
- International Cash trade management is a team employed in a middle office capacity to provide operational trade support to the Macquarie International cash equity trading businesses. The International Cash MO team is required to provide support across numerous markets and the successful candidate will be required to cross train across the various trading desks supported.
- The role will include cash and position reconciliations, CSA reconciliation and client servicing, confirming trades to counterparties, trade booking, following up on unmatched and failing trades, and liaising between the trading desks and all other support areas.
- All customers, both internal and external must be satisfied with their level of service
- Each team within the middle office area must have the appropriate controls and procedures in order to ensure the products and positions are maintained in a controlled environment with minimal Operational Risk.
A strong knowledge of Operational procedures and risk controls is a must. Also an understanding of why these procedures are required.
- Familiar with commission sharing agreement process (CSA)
- 2-4 years experience in a trade support team in an International and Domestic Equities environment.
- High level of numeracy skills are a requirement.
- A developed understanding of international equities markets is necessary for this role.
- Very good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a pressured and fast paced environment.
- Ability to create a sense of respect from superiors and peers is critical to the success of this role.
- A flexible approach to working hours and day to day responsibilities.
- A pro-active approach and an aptitude for new and varied systems.
- Experience using CAS and Fidessa