New York, NY
Client is one of the world's leading firms in the investment banking and securities arena, providing a full service to corporate and institutional clients, and to financial intermediaries. Headquartered in Japan, it is in a significant period of growth in the US as it builds out the Wholesale Division to develop a significant global presence. This is being undertaken during an unprecedented period of Regulatory change (DFA, EMIR, FATCA, NFA etc.). As a result, there have been various projects initiated to address the increase in additional requirements from regulators.
The Compliance Technology Development lead will report to the Head of Americas Compliance, HR, Real Estate and Corporate Technology and is responsible for the development team which delivers the Compliance change portfolio and manages all compliance applications as per firm standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand requirements and form a forward looking strategic roadmap.
- Ensure appropriate budgeting to deliver the change portfolio required to achieve objectives, as well as support applications.
- Manage the development team such that the skills and experience of the team is aligned with business priorities.
- Oversee the architecture and delivery of systems, including keeping abreast of industry advancements and performing evaluations of vendor solutions.
- Drive definition and consistent adoption of best practices development standards across the domain.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field; advanced education preferred
- 10+ years of software development leadership in financial services
- 5+ years of Compliance technology experience, including industry vendor solutions
- In-depth understanding of the full software development life cycle, across a range of technologies
- Experience building and leading high performing teams of technologists
- Demonstrable track record of delivering portfolio of change
Professional attributes important to this role (i.E., Communication, written and oral):
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to clearly articulate strategy and objectives
- Ability to collaborate across the organization, and at all levels, to deliver objectives
- Easily adjusts to ambiguity and change
- Motivates self and others to deliver fit for purpose solutions