New York, NY
The candidate will form part of a global team delivering functionality for the Financial Data Warehouse (FDW). The Financial Data Warehouse currently provides a sub ledger view of our Sales and Trading activity and is critical in reporting the profit and loss of each and every trader, desk and business line. FDW is being expanded to be able to provide a full balance sheet view of the entire business with the goal of becoming the golden source and primary feed for our general ledger and accounting functions.
FDW is also being expanded to become the primary source of data for our critical regulatory reporting. The candidate will be working with Teradata and many other technologies for developing data models and interfaces to fulfill the goals outlined above. The candidate will be someone who is comfortable working with big data and multiple different technologies to achieve the required flow of information and production of critical reports. Further the candidate will need to work effectively with remote teams as the role will require constant communication with the global development teams across New York, London, Montreal, Budapest and Mumbai.
The candidate will be responsible for a team of data modelers and query specialists.
- Proven track record of leadership, management and artefact delivery within the data architecture realm
- MPP Data Modelling
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Knowledge of Financial reporting and accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of full software development life cycle
- Ability to communicate with the business unit sponsors effectively
- Ability to coordinate with various teams to deliver projects successfully- Working knowledge of agile development practices including Test Driven Development, continuous integration and SCRUM
- Teradata SQL
- Power Designer