C# Web Developer
New York, NY
The candidate is expected to provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications. The candidate will also be required to code, conduct code reviews, and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of the SDLC. The candidate may also be called on to provide technical, troubleshooting and design guidance to other application development teams.
The candidate should be flexible, highly adaptable and excellent team player. The candidate should expect to work in a global virtual team, sometimes across multiple time zones. The candidate may be assigned to more than one role or project at a time. The candidate will be required to take ownership of small/medium applications, or application components within the client websites and ensure delivery of the same through his/her team.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player committed to delivering on time and should be able to work with under supervision.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Analysis, Design and Development Skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Solid understanding and experience with Object-Oriented design and development
- Must have a thorough understanding of web technologies and web architectures
- Strong Information Taxonomy/Architecture design skills
- 5+ years of professional experience using .NET technologies with an emphasis on C#
- Developing Wireframes, site maps and process flows for site architecture
- 3+ years' experience creating/consuming web services and data
- Should also possess database skills (preferably DB2, SQLServer) to design new or alter existing table structures to satisfy specifications and requirements
- Should have 3+ years' experience of working with geographically dispersed teams, that fall across different time zones
- NodeJS experience or knowledge
- Working experience with Agile methodologies would be useful
- Prior work on Client facing websites in the banking/brokerage industry a plus
- Experience exposing internet websites on mobile devices, or comprehensive knowledge of mobile application development
- Project management skills